Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Break?

This week is Spring Break for the school district that I work for as a substitute teacher. I haven't really been able to enjoy the "off" time too much since I am working at the insurance office during the day this week. I started volunteering through Smooth Transition, a non profit organization, a few months ago and was recently offered a part-time teaching position through them. I taught Monday in Lake Elsinore for a teacher who couldn't make it and then on Tuesday I taught my own class for the first time. It is a 10 week class and I think it will be a great experience and I love working with the youth. Last night I went to the class that I have been volunteering with. I thought it was pretty awesome the teenagers showed up even though it is their spring break. I attended Institute last night...I love attending, there is an awesome teacher...I really wish I would have gone when I was an undergrad.


Easter weekend was awesome since it was also General Conference. I put together some Easter treats for some friends. Hopefully it brightened their day. My brother's family came for dinner and I had some Easter eggs for each of them. We bought them boxes of cereal we knew they would love (such as Lucky Charms, Fruit Loops etc) and hid them around the house for them to find. A few weeks ago I took my niece, Cambrie to the store with me and she informed me that they were all out of Lucky Charms at her house so we bought some. I later found out that her mom really doesn't buy that kind of cereal, so I thought it would be a special treat for them and it is probably better for them than candy.

No comments: