Friday, December 16, 2011

Update....

Sorry it has been months since I have updated my blog.


I have been very busy since school started. I teach 5th and 6th grade in a Special Day Class. This year I have 16 students. It is challenging, but very rewarding. I also teach four days after school in the HEARTS (Helping Elementary Achievers Reach the Stars) after school program. I teach the 5th grade group.  Our school will beginning a new program in January called "Saturday Academy".  This is a program that is funded by a grant that my principal wrote. It is for 3rd and 4th grade students to increase their reading and writing skills. I think it will be a good experience for our students to do some "hands on learning", so I decided to teach in this program as well. It is 12 weeks long.

Besides teaching, I have been busy taking classes myself.  I have four more classes to take and will be done in April. I am excited to be done. I have learned a lot, but it has been difficult juggling so much.

In April I will have my Level II Education Specialist Credential, Autism Spectrum Disorder Authorization (new requirement by CA law) and a MA in Special Education.

I am excited for the Christmas season and for the time to ponder about the birth of the Savior. I am grateful for all of the many blessings I have!

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Amy said...

It sounds like you have been busy. Way to go with all your schooling